Thursday, June 10, 2010

Potty Talk and Bath-es

We are finally, officially, wonderfully out of diapers! H is completely toilet trained! We decided one day to put underwear on him, cautioned him to not poop or pee on Lightening McQueen, and that was it. He was done. Hallelujiah!

One day, when he was on the toilet taking care of business (and a rather loose and runny "business" at that) he looked at me and said, "It's like my bum is throwing up!" I couldn't help it; I had to laugh.

And all of a sudden, this little one, who has been terrified of baths and water for the past year, has decided that he must have a bath every day, multiple times a day. First thing in the morning, "Can I have a bath?" In response to my, "A bath? We haven't even had breakfast yet!" or "But you're not dirty!" or "We need to get our chores done and make sure the house is clean before we do anything;" he says, "Well, let's have breakfast!" As soon as breakfast is done, "Can I have a bath?" Or he'll head out the door or downstairs, smear his hands in sand or soot from the fireplace, come upstairs and say, "I'm dirty now. Can I have a bath?" When his chores are done, he'll say, "My chores are done. Can I have a bath?" But the most important stipulation he has is this: "But DON"T wash me!" So, the whole bath time battle? Well, we're halfway there.

No comments: