They have all these percussion instruments there made out of random pieces of wood and pipe.
And the auxiliary percussion station:
The next morning, after a disgusting breakfast at the hotel we found our way to the Bowtie Arch/ Corona Arch trail head. Outfitted with trekking poles, Camelbaks, and G & G Kim, we were off!
About here is where I had a little hissy fit and tried to pick a fight with J, much to the amusement of my father, who looked on and laughed. I understand that hiking has its perils, and if we want to become a hiking family, we need to face those perils, but really?!? Trails on rounded sandstone that require makeshift ladders and guardrails so you don't fall off into the gully below? Steep, slopey rocks that you climb up and then will have to climb (or fall) down? Anyway, after I used a few choice words (like "stupid" and "idiotic") I climbed up the "ladder", gripped my boys' hands with no intention of letting go, and sucked it up. Turns out it wasn't so bad after all, but I breathed a sigh of relief once we were back at the car.
Corona Arch
Bowtie Arch
1 comment:
You're good. I wouldn't have even gone in the first place. I hate heights and anything else that makes me feel like one or all of us might die.
Post a Comment