Sunday, July 26, 2009

A First, A Fido, and Some Fireworks

In the afternoon on the Fourth, J took out his motorcycle to get it all ready to take to Idaho the next day.



H and I watched.


Then, with the puppy dog look in his eyes that I can't refuse, J asked if he could take O for a little ride on the motorcycle around the block. On the conditions that he wear his helmet and jeans, I said ok.

J and O



J and S

After dinner we had my neighbor and her friends over. My neighbor brought some fruit dip, which H seemed to like quite a bit, don't you think?

We weren't planning on getting a dog on the Fourth, but it seems we had one!

And no 4th of July is complete without watermelon! What do you think O is thinking?



H was all about the sparklers until he burned his finger. Then he went to bed!


But S,

O,
and J all enjoyed them.



My pyrotechnician husband put on a nice little show for us, after which we all went to bed. J and I considered going up on the roof of our house to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks (minus the Jonas Brothers, what could be better?), but after getting bit (and bit and bit) by mosquitoes, thought bed sounded much more appealing.

No comments: