Because the park service only gives out around 100 permits per year to climb the north face it is not uncommon to not see any other climbers en route to the summit. This is due to the very technical nature of this side of the mountain and it is important to be well rested and prepared.
Here is the view of Mt. Rainier from my Tacoma city hotel room.

I was looking forward to a good rest day today, something like a movie and eating a lot of food that wasn't freeze dried. Instead, we ended up going for a short hike to climb a local crag in North Bend.




Although not the rest day I had in mind we did have a lot of fun. Here I am climbing one of many routes that day.



This day ended at 10PM, and I go to bed just as exhausted as the day before. We all agree that tomorrow we will sleep in until 12PM.
No comments:
Post a Comment