Here are some pictures of the awesome runners in Van #2. Yeah, we all look pretty chipper -- that's because we hadn't started running yet!
Sara (with husband and baby waiting with her)
Sarah and Charisse
Tom and J
Me and my love.
Our first legs were HOT! Bless the man standing by the side of the road with a sprayer! What saints were our teammates who stopped along the way to shout out encouragement and hand out water! Our second legs, in the middle of the night after zero sleep, were cool, peaceful, and loooong. By then we weren't so chipper! Although, I think I miffed my van by popping in after my 9.6 mile, 1:30 AM run and being too peppy. Bless Rocky for driving so we could sleep! Our last legs were rainy! J and I shared the dreaded "Ragnar Hill." Can you say steep? I ran the first mile or so then power-walked until I saw the exchange. Then I sprinted to the finish. Bless the lady who told me that the end was just around the bend! Coming across the finish line as a team in the rain was so fun! It was an incredible experience and I'm ready to sign up for the next one! Who's with me?
2 comments:
You guys are crazy awesome!!
Good job girl!!!! I am glad you made it!! I want to do it next year!!
Post a Comment